WXY is looking for an experienced architect with over 10 years of post-graduate experience in New York.
At WXY, we are looking for capable, enthusiastic and curious people who are interested in a range of project types to join our dynamic team.
The position will require the ability to lead an architectural project independently, under principled direction, and to balance production duties with client coordination and responsibilities. This position is an integral part of the WXY design process and requires close collaboration with the entire design team, office managers, consultants and clients. Construction experience and Revit skills are essential.
- Lead architectural projects in all phases: schematic design, design development, construction drawings and construction administration
- Oversee and ensure the quality of project deliverables
- Report directly to office managers and clients.
Required Skills :
- 7 to 10 years of postgraduate experience
- Full understanding of building systems and NYC/NY building code
- Full understanding of ADA requirements and its application to the built environment
- Interest in contemporary design culture and technological innovations
- Critical software requirements include: Revit, Bluebeam, Office suite
- A flexible and open attitude towards different ways of working and a commitment to excellence
Experience & Diplomas:
- Good written and verbal skills
- Proven experience in a similar role
- Professional degree in architecture
- Construction documentation and Revit experience
- Demonstrated CA experience
- Experience coordinating consultant BIM models in all phases of an architectural project
- Management of construction drawing sets and ability to convert design intent into construction documents
- Experience in municipal buildings (Parks Department facility buildings) or multi-unit/affordable residential housing will be considered favorably, as will an understanding of HPD requirements.
- Knowledge of the DOB filing process, NYC zoning requirements and a good understanding of the energy code will be key to success in this role.
- Able to work in the United States
This is a full-time salaried position with benefits. WXY offers a flexible workplace, but some physical presence in the office is strongly preferred.
We are budgeting $90-100kp/y for this position, but the eventual offer will be based on your qualifications and experience.
Please send a cover letter, CV and portfolio in PDF format to [email protected] with the job title in the subject line. Please no links to online wallets.
No phone calls please, we will only be able to contact those who are considered. Thanks.
All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or national origin. WXY is committed to taking affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified employees and applicants who are disabled veterans, recently separated veterans, armed forces service medalist veterans, and others protected veterans. WXY is committed to taking positive steps to employ and advance in the employment of qualified persons with disabilities.
View your application history
Back to task list…