Portland, OR, USALocation:
Thu 8 Sep ’22Posted on:
This position is available in our Portland, OR and Oakland, CA offices.
What you will do:
You will collaborate with our globally recognized corporate clients, award-winning consulting partners and development partners to lead innovative urban design and planning projects. Your work will be fast-paced and creative, requiring strong organizational, interpersonal and client management skills to integrate scope, schedule and budget structure into a fast-paced interdisciplinary design and planning process.
Why is this role important?
Our work on corporate campuses seeks nothing less than to transform suburban office environments into thriving and resilient communities. You will be a key client contact for some of our most high-profile clients, working at the forefront of business and neighborhood planning.
SERA is a company of learners, eager to advance the resilient and equitable outcomes we want to see for our communities and the planet. Our 100% employee-owned company fosters a collaborative environment where the unique strengths and contributions of each staff member are valued. Sustainability, urbanism and community development are intrinsic to the way we think and work. We are not afraid of the thorny issues that come with this territory; in fact, some of our favorite workdays end around the kegerator passionately crafting the next best idea.
Training + Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s or master’s degree from an accredited program in urban design, planning, architecture, or landscape architecture.
- Have at least 8 years of experience in managing urban design projects.
- Proficient in all aspects of project management, including generating scopes, budgets and proposals.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and/or Smartsheet and Adobe Creative Suite is required.
What you will bring:
- ArcGIS, Revit and AutoCAD experience preferred.
- Adaptability and versatility are essential, as is the ability to supervise less experienced employees.
- Strong graphic, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and management skills.
- Ability to facilitate group charrettes and present concepts at consultant, client and community meetings.
- Ability to lead teams and provide creative direction to planning efforts at various scales, from streetscapes to community planning efforts.
- Proactive communication style, both with colleagues and with customers and partners.
Considerations related to COVID-19: Proof of COVID-19 vaccine (mandatory)
SERA Architects is an equal opportunity employer.
For more information and to apply, please visit our careers page:
Back to task list…