A new workforce housing development will feature 1,320 new homes on 331 acres of pasture.
The Lady Lake Commission will learn more about the development at a special concept workshop scheduled for Monday at 4 p.m. at Lady Lake Town Hall.
The development will include 770 single family units and 550 townhouse lots in the Hammock Oaks development at County Road 466 and Cherry Lake Road.
- Residential amenities will include:
- Community center with swimming pool
- Pickleball courts
- 2 hectare park with walking paths
- Pocket parks focused on tree preservation
A Community Development District will build and fund stormwater, utilities, roads, landscaping/landscape/irrigation and amenities. The maximum number of residential units will be 1,320 with an overall density of four residential units per acre.
Residents of The Villages and people already living on Cherry Lake Road have expressed concerns about the project due to concerns about traffic on already very congested roads.
New homes to be built planned in Gloria Austin Grand Oaks
At the same concept workshop, Lady Lake Commissioners will hear about a 150-unit build-to-let community on the 19-acre Gloria Austin Grand Oaks property located on the southeast corner of Marion County Road and County Road 25 owned by Grand Oaks Holding LLC. It is billed as an active build-to-let adult community subdivision.
The gated development will include one and two bedroom cottages:
• The Carmel one-bedroom cottage will have 698 square feet of living space
• The Laguna one-bedroom cottage will have 786 square feet of living space
• The two-bedroom Monterey cottage will have 915 square feet of living space
There will be a resort-style pool with a heated pool and spa and poolside seating, pickleball courts, a grilling area with picnic tables, and a dog park.